We are looking for self-guided 5G Software Developers with a strong background in engineering and problem solving. You get to contribute to the development of incredible new technology with our clients in aerospace, secure wireless communications and many other spearhead technology industries.
You are an experienced wireless communications software engineer capable of driving specifications, designs, or development for new state of the art 5G mobile communications systems. You will also have the chance to participate in design, specification, or development of software products for communications systems including end to end 5G communications layer 1/2/3 system products. This position requires strong problem-solving skills focused on wireless communications software engineering.
Projects you will be working in require a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Not needed prior to starting. You will need to be a US citizen for consideration.
In order to thrive in the projects and building the state-of-the-art technology we are collaborating with our clients, you need experience in:
- General knowledge of 5G mobile comms architectures and base station components
- Experience with software development for 4G or 5G Layer 1, 2 and 3 protocol stacks and higher application layers
- Experience with integrating a wider software stack across multiple components, including new software, FOSS, and COTS
- Experience with Java, Python, C/C++, Jira, Confluence, or github
- Experience with Agile development methodology
Other desired skills also include:
- Experience with full-stack, cross disciplined teams
- Satellite communications (SATCOM) experience and knowledge about SATCOM protocol standards (e.g., DVB-S/S2/S2x/RCS/RCS2, Geo Mobile Radio, MUOS WCDMA etc.)
- Knowledge of network management systems
- Experience with DevSecOps practices and cloud architecture
- Experience interacting with customers and vendors and presenting at requirements and design reviews
- Modeling and simulation to establish feasibility and performance
- Working with terminal modem chip vendors and base station modem vendors