Create and manage analytic solutions which turn data into knowledge. This role will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of analytical solutions from end to end. This includes designing visuals which provide insights into the business for the business. Additionally, this team member will be responsible for writing advanced queries and developing reporting capabilities including dashboards, reports, or data extracts. Also responsible for documenting solutions and contributing to the Data Systems knowledge library.
The Developer will act as an internal consultant and business partner supporting functional departments. This includes helping to interpret and apply results to improve organization performance, and support functional areas by providing direction on the best use of technology tools to achieve organizational and strategic goals.
As part of a small team, the Developer is expected to work with minimal oversight to recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. They will need to suggest and proactively implement new report development and enhancements.
- Design, build, and deploy business intelligence solutions including dashboards, reports, custom analysis and data extracts.
- Works independently to develop accurate and timely solutions that align to stakeholder needs and objectives.
- Execute our Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes which populate our data models and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Write data extracts, queries, stored procedures, and functions to manipulate and prepare data for analysis and reporting.
- Translates business requirements into reporting solutions that tell a story and provide actionable insights.
- Participates in data warehouse design and data modeling.
- Partners with stakeholders to build relationships and understand business objectives in order to deliver solutions aligned with organizational goals.
- Document solutions and maintain information libraries and data dictionaries.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to develop advanced SQL solutions to fully automate data-driven dashboards, reports and workflows.
- Familiar with Qlik Sense / Tableau and has the ability to develop advanced solutions in either platform to drive data driven decisions.
- Understands the software development life cycle process and Agile methodologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; can articulate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Able to create intuitive and interactive reporting solutions that enable users to perform ad hoc analysis and drill to details.
- Skilled at optimizing queries and reports.
- Capable of troubleshooting reports and query issues.
- Effectively partners with end users to define requirements, communicate roadmaps, and proactively identify organization needs.
- Someone who loves to learn new technologies and grow their career
- 5+ years working with data to develop reporting solutions.
- Possesses advanced SQL development skills including writing complex queries/views, creating functions, stored procedures, and table value functions in SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server stack including Management Studio and Integration Services. o Excellent query and data manipulation skills using SQL.
- Experience using Qlik, SSRS, Tableau or PowerBI to develop reports and dashboards. o Able to read and understand data models and entity relationship diagrams.
- Experience with Analysis Services or web technologies a strong plus.
- Ability to work independently to research issues, gather information and prioritize tasks.
- Experience with command line scripting or familiarity with object-oriented programming for data retrieval are a plus.
- College-level coursework, relevant certificates and/or commensurate experience required. o Understanding of insurance, especially medical/dental, a plus.
Scope of Authority
- Works independently, plans work and execute with minimal oversight
- Prepares and/or develops plans for projects including leading meeting and working sessions including coordination with other departments
- Manages multiple projects at the same time with ability to execute effectively
- Primarily sitting or standing at a computer desk with regular exposure to computer monitors. o Potential for tight deadlines or time periods of high workload might require additional hours. o The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Light physical effort may be needed from time to time