Our client is seeking a Full Stack Developer to help build statically generated websites and web applications that integrate with multiple third-party applications for Stanford University. If joining a growing team that builds and supports modern and flexible websites and web applications, that are hosted on the edge and connect to a variety of internal and 3rd party APIs, sounds like your “JAM”…then this team is for you.
In this position you will:
- Collaborate with visual and user experience designers, senior- and architect-level developers, strategists, and project managers to build sophisticated digital experiences using headless CMS and technologies such as Node, React, GraphQL, and Netlify.
- Work with serverless hosting, LAMBDA functions, and frameworks such as Gatsby and Next.js.
- Be an active participant in an agile environment that includes stand-ups, story grooming, and peer review.
- Build accessible, semantically correct, responsive front-ends that function consistently and accurately across all major browsers and devices and include personalization via third-party data sources, including hosted search products and custom-built APIs.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrable experience developing websites and web applications using headless CMS and technologies such as Node, React, GraphQL, and Netlify.
- Demonstrable experience designing and documenting data structures, architecture, and process flows for websites, web-based applications, SDKs, and APIs.
- Experience researching, evaluating, and enforcing web standards for usability and accessibility.
- Familiarity with serverless hosting, LAMBDA functions, and frameworks such as Gatsby and Next.js.
Nice to have:
- Experience mentoring and checking the work of other staff on technical matters and conducting security reviews of code written by other developers.
- May work extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
Why This is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!