BrüMate is a leader in outdoor and at-home leisure specializing in premium drinkware, coolers and more for your next adventure. We are a high-performing, entrepreneurial group and are looking for team-members who love a challenge, contributing to the success of the brand and taking pride in their work. This combination of innovation and our team’s obsession with our customers has resulted in unprecedented growth across all of our robust sales channels over the last five years, making us the fastest growing company in Colorado 2 years in a row on the INC 5000.
As the first hire on our in-house Technology team, the Full-Stack Web Developer will be focused on delivering forward-thinking, feature-rich software enhancements and backend services to elevate digital experiences for customers and in-house teams. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in React.js working on the Shopify Plus platform in an Agile environment and capable of working in a fast-paced startup environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage all web development projects, collaborating on and prioritizing work across multiple internal business teams and external vendors
Lead the full-stack development of digital projects across Customer Experience (CX), Digital, Marketing, and Operations teams leveraging their extensive knowledge of React.js to deliver on new digital experiences end-to-end
Able to self-manage workload and fill hybrid role of project manager, team lead, and lead developer – including creation and ongoing management of web development roadmap
Partner closely with internal business partners across Marketing, Digital, Operations, Sales, and Customer Experience as well as external agency partners to understand business requirements and define scope-of-work for new project builds
Identify opportunities for improving site speed and reducing overall tech debt
Provide maintenance and ongoing support for apps, agency relationships, and technical operations in place to ensure retail sites are GDPR, CCPA, and ADA compliant; partner with Digital team to define long-term goal for site compliance structures
Design, develop, test, debug and document new and existing functional components to ensure that software meets business, quality, operational, and legal standards
Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of our websites and systems
Work to troubleshoot and resolve code issues and bugs quickly and efficiently
Apply deep technical expertise to resolve challenging programming and design problems
Help inform timing and scope for additional technology team hires
· Prior experience working on web development team in a startup environment
· Previous agency, freelance, or contractor experience desired
· 3 – 5 years Full-stack Development experience – React.js is a must; Shopify Plus experience is a major plus
· Experience building / working on headless sites and infrastructure
· Experience with GitHub version control
· Experience developing solutions for ADA, CCPA, and GDPR standards
· Flexible and adaptable; can be agile with shifting business needs
· Comfortable stepping into and leading during all stages of the development lifecycle
· Understands and maintains awareness of best practices for SEO, Content Marketing, UI/UX, and eCommerce
· Willing to take on challenges to learn and grow skillset
· Experience using tools like Jira, Asana, and Slack for project management purposes
We have a beautiful office in the heart of the RiNo art district with mountain views, awesome neighbors, and endless food and brewery options within walking distance. RiNo is truly the coolest neighborhood in Denver, and we are right in the middle!
Meaningful equity offered to all salaried employees
Flexible paid time off
2 days in the office, 3 days remote every week
Remote positions available to out of state employees, minimal travel required.
100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision benefits for employees and dependents
Paid Maternity / Paternity leave
401k, 50% match up to 7%