CSU Global is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our IT team which supports thousands of users in our custom-built web portals and administrative web applications. This position will be working on multiple custom applications and deploying to production multiple times in a given day depending on the current project cycle. Primarily writing new features and maintaining existing PHP web applications implemented in the Yii framework. CSU Global has a growing collection of smaller applications written in Go as we are transitioning toward microservices where applicable. CSU Global runs Docker in all environments and expects candidates to be comfortable using Docker and Git for version control. We value positive minded team members who enjoy working in a collaborative environment, who are helpful to technical and non-technical people, and are able to work independently with minimal supervision. This is a fully remote position reporting to the Assistant Director of IT.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement. We continue to thrive and drive our mission forward because we are:
Entrepreneurial – we continually learn, seek opportunities for growth, and believe we can do better with effort and persistence.
Dedicated – we provide exceptional service and support to our stakeholders to drive the mission of the university.
Tenacious – we focus on getting the job done right, take responsibility for our actions, and thrive on achieving results.
Agile – we are flexible in our thinking, focus on solutions, innovative problem-solving, and overcoming obstacles.
Engaged – we collaborate, communicate, and motivate one another to achieve excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write clean code focusing on quality, testability, and continuous delivery.
- Write, test, integrate, debug, and troubleshoot software applications.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer to understand business requirements and needs.
- Research current technologies and best practices; to incorporate industry standards into CSUG in conjunction with business needs.
- Work within an agile development environment; Take ownership of tasks/stories on the development Kanban board; uphold high code quality standards, participate in code reviews via pull-requests in Github and deliver assigned tasks and projects in accordance with the project schedule.
- Keep up with current technologies and best practices; to incorporate industry standards into your work in conjunction with business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with PHP (version 7+) with MVC Framework Experience.
- Git, Github, & Jira
- Semantic HTML5, CSS3
- Bootstrap CSS, JQuery
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy working as a part of a team to accomplish goals
- Capable of managing multiple demands and processes while maintaining flexibility and adaptability.
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work well in a confidential fast-paced, highly accountable environment.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Go (lang)
- API design & development
- Modern Front-end Frameworks (Vue.js, React, Svelte, Angular, etc) and accompanying tooling.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of one year working experience as a full stack developer or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field).