A Product Designer on any given project will execute research, conduct usability tests, create visual designs with complex user flows, and build prototypes to create a finished design. A Product Designer will gain experience across all facets of the design process and will work closely with other designers, engineers and product owners to achieve outcomes.
Our client is growing rapidly and we have a need for a Product Designer. A Product Designer is expected to collaborate on high-impact projects that solve user problems; design intuitive and elegant user experiences, create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications and execute the team’s objectives.
- Go out into the marketplace and do research competition and best practices
- Provide initial wireframes solving the problem
- Execute usability testing
- Focus on how customers interact with our product. On mobile this is tapping, pinching, zooming, one vs. two handedness
- Focus on the actual visual look and feel. This can include colors, line styles, gradients, corner radius, graphics, iconography, typography and more.
- Bring the designs to interactive life for either usability testing or writing production code for the product
- Stay current on emerging UX and digital behavior trends
- Quickly iterate on multiple visual design explorations to arrive at a simple, but robust solution, accounting for complex requirements
- Design for current experiences while also envisioning and creating new experiences for future features
Skills and Competencies:
- 1+ years in a relevant design role, such as product designer, UX designer, or visual designer
- Ability to create dynamic designs and to communicate them to the team using prototyping tools (we use InVision and AdobeXD)
- Proficient in Sketch or AdobeXD
- Proficient in vector artwork creation in Adobe Illustrator
- Strong online portfolio and results in digital (web and app, if not also emerging platform) work. (*Please submit a link to your online portfolio so we can take a look at your work. Only submittals with portfolios will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable design discipline (or equivalent experience