Founded in 1977, GMO is a private partnership committed to delivering superior investment performance and advice to our clients.? We offer strategies where we believe we are positioned to add the greatest value for our investors.? These include multi-asset class portfolios as well as dedicated equity, fixed income, and absolute return offerings, many of which employ the firm’s proprietary 7-year asset class forecasting framework.? Our client base is comprised primarily of institutions, including corporate and public defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, endowments, foundations, and financial intermediaries.
GMO, whose sole business is investment management, employs approximately 470 people worldwide and is headquartered in Boston with offices in San Francisco, London, Amsterdam, Sydney, and Singapore. We manage roughly $70 billion in client assets using a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches that blend traditional fundamental insights with innovative quantitative methods to identify undervalued asset classes and securities. Our valuation-based approach embeds several key factors, including: a long-term investment horizon, discipline, conviction, and a commitment to research. Our research emphasizes not only identifying and exploiting pricing dislocations but also understanding the long-term drivers of return in the markets in which we invest. We are known for our candor in sharing our views with clients and for our willingness to take bold, differentiated positions when opportunities warrant.
Work with the Product Transformation Lead to enable strategic change across GMO’s various functions by partnering and collaborating with Technology team members and firm leaders to understand, document, communicate, standardize, and implement the transformation of the GMO Technology environment into a ‘Data and Analytics Everywhere’ ecosystem in support of GMO’s strategic goals. This role is ideal for someone who has strong project management and/or product owner experience that is looking for experience as a change agent at the cross-section of strategy and execution.
- Manage and deliver on strategic programs; contribute to a best-in-class transformation operating model and serve as a liaison across stakeholders
- Balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget and timeline; offer problem solving, project management and creative resourcefulness to assigned initiatives
- Develop a broad contextual understanding of the firm’s business, data, and technology strengths and challenges
- Think strategically, anticipate future consequences, and incorporate them into the transformational plan that outlines the long-term product vision combined with the immediate next steps and evaluation points in the process of getting there
- Connect both on an individual level, building relationships across the firm, and in large groups, building relationships with departments; enforce accountability, cultivate entrepreneurship, and influence cross-functional partnership
Skills and Requirements:
- Commitment to diversity and ethical, accountable, and transparent leadership
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Motivation to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision, willingness to take initiative and follow-through
- Highly developed presentation, facilitation, and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent communication management skills: email management, calendar management, meeting takeaways, and shared project documentation
- Demonstrated ability to manage and enhance collaboration among cross-functional business and technology groups in transforming concepts and requirements into innovative product solutions
- Ability to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly
- Strong understanding of data driven product development initiatives measured using key performance indicators and other metrics
- Professional certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience working with multiple project management techniques including design thinking, agile, waterfall and scrum
- Savvy technology user with strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Office skills. SQL skills are a plus
- Demonstrated interested in data engineering, data management, and analysis are a plus