Our client is seeking an intelligent, highly motivated, and resourceful individual to help design and test our compute, storage and network infrastructure comprising our products, back office systems and hyperscale cloud providers. The person should be capable of conceptualizing, prototyping, testing, building, and deploying technologies comprising our customer facing products and back office systems implemented in multiple on-premise data center locations, AWS, Azure and GCP worldwide.
- Deliver designs and install plans that scale appropriately based on requirements and need Analyze application/platform portfolios of partnered vendors
- Define enterprise cloud strategies (Scaling, arrangement, use case)
- Design and recommend selection of infrastructure technologies and services (Physical, Virtual and Software)
- Fully documents functional and non-functional design requirements
- Deliver proof-of-concept projects before on-boarding new hardware or software services High-level design choices for deployment strategies, update and patching strategies
- Produce and maintain relevant artifacts on technology infrastructure, e.g. run-books, processes, diagrams, configuration management and maintain ownership of related artifacts.
- Validate solutions meet design requirements
- Work closely with project managers, developers, and vertical teams to avoid redundancy, minimize expenditures and improve overall synergy within the organization.
- Effectively “Communicate Up” with business and technical executives and stakeholders Display and keep current knowledge of hardware, software, networking, applications, and systems engineering.
- Able to coach, mentor and act as a technical lead in relation to delivering to the requirements of a service or product
- Consult on refactoring efforts to optimize services on infra or optimize infra to support services Assist stakeholders in the development and maintenance of risk plans to vet unknowns and assumptions for stakeholder initiatives and projects
- Develop business and technical problem statements for issues as they are discovered to articulate the problem, proposed solutions, risks, and issues and recommendations
At least 5 years of experience as an Infrastructure Architect or related roles.
Experience managing and remediating VMware vSphere environments leveraging a large cross section of VMware on-premise focused product integrations (ELM, VSAN, NSX-V&T, etc).
Experience with managing and remediating compute hardware from multiple vendors such as Dell and SuperMirco
Experience with remote MGMT and access tools such as iDRAC/IPMI and leveraging MGMT orchestration technologies such as OpenManage Enterprise for lifecycle MGMT Experience with infrastructure as code automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc. Experience with multiple storage vendor products. such as NetApp, Dell, HP, etc. Experience with data protection and replication services from multiple vendors, such as Dell PowerProtect Avamar, Networker and Data Manager, Commvault, Veeam and Zerto Familiarity with multiple switching and routing platforms such and Brocade, Juniper and Cisco including fundamental routing and encapsulation concepts
Experience with managing and remediating Cloud Service Provider platforms such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud and Google GCP.
Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
Experience with data center/infrastructure planning fundamentals, including power modeling, whitespace planning, and utilization of DCIM tools.
Strong understanding of data center facility infrastructure components, such as whip selection, PDU sizing, three phase power, cabinet sizing, raceway planning, etc.
Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Business and technical documentation in the context of these Key Accountabilities are physical and logical deployment diagrams and decompositions, descriptive models, root-cause analyses, problem statements, bills of material (BoM), provisioning procedures and scripts, storage, network and systems test plans, test execution, and test interpretation. Cooperatively developed documents encompass documents that are
developed through interviews, meetings, conversations, emails and other communications with enterprise executives, line-staff and client stakeholders.
Accountabilities represent measures the position is expected to meet.
Develop robust and secure infrastructure solutions satisfying product management and operations requirements
Recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals
Recommend replacement technologies and plans for EOL infrastructure, including financial modes and migration plans
Provide leadership in the design and review processes for new technologies and infrastructure services consistent with product and infrastructure portfolio and roadmap objectives Provide logical and physical designs and procedures for the Operations teams to implement client facing infrastructure and service components
Design, develop and conduct system, network and storage tests for conformance to service requirements and to advise product management and the executive on product design decisions Develop highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale infrastructure designs for use by qualified engineers and procurement staff to deploy and manage standardized products and solutions Design, develop and lead technical projects using various available technologies for large scale Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud data migrations
Fully documents functional and non-functional requirements/requirements traceability Fully drives and documents High Level Arch, HLD, LLD in partnership with CoPs, Application team and security
Ability to define and communicate the “big picture” in terms of the overall integrated solution (both functional and technical components) and break it down into smaller manageable work units for multiple business and technical stakeholders