As a Software Engineer in Test at our client, you will contribute directly to the future of the product across mobile, web and server components while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We’re looking for someone who can help our team grow confidently by creating a suite of automated regression tests, help facilitate a total quality approach to software development and delivery, as well as establish guidelines and processes around the testing of community and internal product contributions.
This is an all-remote team and US time zones are preferred. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Become an expert and authority on the entire codebase, including: backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app, mobile apps, browser extensions, desktop apps, and more
- Implement and maintain one or more industry proven automated test frameworks for testing mobile, desktop and web applications as well as RESTful APIs
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Help evaluate and test bug fixes submitted by the user community
- Perform and help guide manual testing of new features and fixes during the development lifecycle
- Actively participate in backlog grooming, planning and delivery activities
WHAT YOU BRING
- Experience in dynamic, data-driven and behavior-driven development
- Experience in one or more automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Appium, Robot Framework, BrowserStack, etc.)
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Knowledgeable in the setup and use of xUnit, jUnit, nUnit or PyTest test execution frameworks
- Development experience with Java, C# or Python
- Capable of configuring and managing automation tasks in a CI/CD pipeline such as Jenkins, AppVeyor, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers, but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Mobile apps experience
- Strong Descriptive Programming experience with Selenium
- Experience setting up an automation framework and connecting it with a CI/DC pipeline
- Experience in Angular or React, Node.js, electron
- Experience in Xamarin
- Experience with Microsoft AppServices
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with engineering leadership
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates are required to authorize a background check before employment begins. We will not discriminate based on criminal records but will take into account the risks and responsibilities of the job. We value openness and honesty and would appreciate hearing directly from you about anything that may come up in a background check.
WHY WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.