Our client promotes better internet security and safety as the leading open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations. Our philosophy about security is that “we are all in this together” – and so we offer a full-featured version of our product entirely free so that everyone can be protected with strong password management. We provide enterprise-grade solutions to some of the largest companies in the world, delivering innovation in the identity and authentication market.
As a Software Engineer, you will contribute directly to the future of the product across mobile, web and server components while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of delivering valuable features throughout the entire development lifecycle and play a direct role in shaping our product and team.
This is an all-remote team and this position should have some overlap with the US East timezone.
- Become an expert and authority on the entire codebase, including: backend infrastructure, APIs, database, web app, mobile apps, browser extensions, desktop apps, and more
- Participate in hands-on development of the product
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes submitted by the user community
WHAT YOU BRING
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Mobile apps experience
- Experience in Angular or React, Node.js, electron
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Interview with the hiring manager
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with engineering leadership
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine impact on the role and company.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world’s largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You’ll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building a diverse and talented team. Work remotely with motivated and supportive team members across the world and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team, and join our #growth-club to continue personal and professional development.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.