66degrees is a leading Google Cloud Premier Partner. We believe that engineering takes heart. Focusing exclusively on Google Cloud, we help our clients achieve the most innovative and disruptive transformations in their industries.
66degrees is dedicated to providing our employees with a challenging and exciting work environment without forgetting to have some fun along the way. Let’s get you here.
Overview of Role
66degrees’ Managed Cloud Optimization (MCO) team works with some of the largest cloud users in the world to help them transform their businesses with technology. Our Technical Solution Engineers (TSEs) combine Google Cloud Platform expertise with a passion for devops methodologies to help our clients maintain and optimize their cloud implementation.
On a daily basis, our TSEs work with varied and exciting customers on topics ranging from mission-critical outages to deploying new workloads to implementing key security practices. You’ll work with cutting-edge technologies like Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Anthos, BigQuery and analytics pipelines, and many more.
If you’re looking to continually build and apply your Google Cloud expertise to new and varied environments while acting as a key contributor to building the best Google consulting partner in the industry – let’s talk.
Our ideal candidate will understand the value of teamwork. We are looking for the right fit with our rapidly growing organization and will invest in training.
We are based in Chicago, Illinois and Denver, Colorado. Remote candidates should not hesitate applying. A 66degrees’ Technical Solution Engineer’s responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Own a reactive ticket queue, investigating, advising on, and solving cases across the full suite of Google Cloud services and topics
- Work with customers and Google resources to investigate and resolve infrastructure issues
- Identify GCP optimization opportunities across our customer base – helping clients improve performance, reliability, security, cost efficiency, operations, and system design
- Contribute to internal and customer-facing initiatives, such as open-sourcing and other innovations, making a huge impact at a rapid-growth Google Premier Partner
- Minimum 2 years of experience working directly with Google Cloud Platform as an engineer, Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), TSE, or equivalent
- Strong Terraform skills
- Experience with Python required. Other programming language experience is a plus ? Strong communication skills, as this is a heavily customer-facing role
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent required ? Experience working on support organizations a plus
- GCP Associate Cloud Engineer certification at minimum and other certifications strongly preferred